Theme Verse

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"Ya te lo he ordenado: ¡Sé fuerte y valiente! ¡No tengas miedo ni te desanimes! Porque el SEÑOR tu Dios te acompañará dondequiera que vayas."
-Josué 1:9 (NVI)


Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday

Cell phones are a wonderful modern invention. Despite the negatives people talk about, how they control our lives, etc., etc., they are darn useful when trying to meet up with someone. This morning, for example, I was planning to meet up with my friend April to hang out, do some shopping, and later maybe some homework. However, there was some confusion about where we were meeting, so I ended up spending a good portion of my morning waiting and going all over Heredia trying to find her, while she waited for me in the parque central for me. Finally a little after noon, three hours after we had planned to meet, we finally found each other.

But despite a confusing morning, we had a really fun afternoon. We walked around Heredia, going into several different stores and I found a cute shirt, although no jeans that fit. We stopped at a café for cafecito, then walked around a bit more. Then around five we went to Pizza Hut and picked up a pizza which we took to Callie's house, then the three of us ate and watched "Horton Hears a Who."

Tomorrow morning I have church, and then the afternoon will hopefully be spent working on homework, since I did none today. For now, I'm headed to sleep, but first I have to figure out the mystery that is my bed (There's this sheet, that I think is supposed to be the top sheet, but it's fitted, and it's connected to a long bed skirt. So it's not really a top sheet or a bottom sheet, and I'm kind of confused as to whether I'm supposed to sleep on top of or under it. Wish me luck!).

No comments:

Post a Comment