Theme Verse

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"Ya te lo he ordenado: ¡Sé fuerte y valiente! ¡No tengas miedo ni te desanimes! Porque el SEÑOR tu Dios te acompañará dondequiera que vayas."
-Josué 1:9 (NVI)


Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Update

Since it's been almost a week since I last posted, I figured it was time for an update.

My weekend was pretty low-key because, as you can read in my previous post, I wasn't feeling very good. I did go to church on Sunday with my friend Caitlin. She's from Hawaii, and knows a lady from her church back home who moved to Costa Rica some time ago, and this is the church her friend attends. We went there last week and liked it, so we went back again this Sunday. But other than that I mostly did homework and rested during the weekend.

As for the rest of this week, I finished my second paper for literature (I have another one due next week, ugh) and gave my first presentation outside of Spanish class. It was this morning, for my Appreciation of Theater class, and I just had to talk about whether the play we were analyzing would work in the US. I think it went pretty well--I know I made a few mistakes, but nobody said anything about it.

My Spanish overall is improving, I think. The other night I was working on my paper and twice when I tried to look up a word in the English section of my dictionary I couldn't find it because I was trying to spell it in Spanish. I hope this means my Spanish is getting better, but now I'm a little concerned for when I go back to school in the States...

Something else I've been doing lately is reading the "Stuff Christians Like" blog by Jon Acuff. He's really funny and at the same time really profound. I'd highly recommend it. The link is:

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment