Theme Verse

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"Ya te lo he ordenado: ¡Sé fuerte y valiente! ¡No tengas miedo ni te desanimes! Porque el SEÑOR tu Dios te acompañará dondequiera que vayas."
-Josué 1:9 (NVI)


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back in Chicago!

I'm back in Chicago! I've actually been here since late Friday night, but I haven't gotten around to updating this yet. But since I'm sitting desk right now, and have no homework yet (which will change very soon) I figured it was a good time to write a post.
It's really nice to be back in Chicago, even though it's freezing (it's snowing... again). I love our apartment, and I'm slowly but surely finding a place for all my stuff. Last night one of my roommates, Marlee, made vegetarian chili for dinner, one of the few things all of us can eat (everyone but Sara has at least one food allergy, which makes cooking kinda tricky) and we had a great time eating and talking and laughing. Kyla, my friend Bekah's sister, and another friend, Zach, joined us for dinner too, which was fun.

I think this semester is going to be crazy busy, but I'm looking forward to it, for several reasons:
1. I think I'm going to like all my classes. I'm taking two lit classes, both with professors I've had before, and I know at least one of them is a fabulous lit professor. I'm also taking a writing class, which should be good. I'm taking a couple education classes (one each quad) which I don't know a lot about, but will hopefully be good, or at the very least interesting.

2. I'm really excited about living with the girls in my apartment, and spending time with them and other friends. I'm also looking forward to spending time with Drew, which we finally get to do without any phones or computers. :) One thing I want to really work on this semester is balancing my time between homework and people.

3. Did I mention all my classes are in English? :) I do miss speaking in Spanish though, and I want to find a way to speak it more, so I don't lose all the Spanish I learned last semester.

I think there are probably more things I'm excited about for this semester, but I've been up since 6 and my coffee wasn't quite enough to fully wake me up, so that's all for now. Running around campus for a couple hours in the snow should be enough to wake me up a bit more, hopefully before I have class this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. 3. Holly, puedes chatear conmigo en espanol por el skype. :) Necesito mantener mis habilidades tambien!

    Tell Kyla and Zach I say 'hi'! I'm glad Zach is back on campus again. Hopefully this semester goes well for him. I think having Drew around might be good for him, too, especially since Drew's taken the youth min classes and whatnot too.

    And finally - please send me a container of this vegetarian chili. It would be a welcome variety in my daily food repertoire! :)

    I'll let you know about skype time for sure before Saturday!

    ~Jack

    ReplyDelete