Theme Verse

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"Ya te lo he ordenado: ¡Sé fuerte y valiente! ¡No tengas miedo ni te desanimes! Porque el SEÑOR tu Dios te acompañará dondequiera que vayas."
-Josué 1:9 (NVI)


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Blog

Hello again! After some thought, I've decided to continue with this blog. As you may have noticed, I changed the title and the description, as well as the background and theme colors. I hope you like it! I really enjoyed writing in my blog while I was in Costa Rica, and I've kind of missed it since I've been back. And of course, the adventures don't stop just because I'm back home. I may not be swinging through the jungle, but that doesn't mean my life is boring.

So far, since I've been home, I've had Christmas with my family, traveled down to Houston to visit more family, read a few books, and made several trips to Starbucks. Two weeks from today I'll be starting classes at North Park, and I'm super excited for that. I'll also be "teacher aiding" (as part of the education program at NP, I go into a high school classroom and observe throughout the semester), which might be an adventure in and of itself. I'll also be living with four other girls in an apartment, and hopefully seeing a bit more of Chicago than I have in the past two years. So all in all, this looks to be a good semester! We'll see how often this blog gets updated, what with all the classes I'm taking and working and everything else, but my goal is to write once every week or two weeks.

Well, I hope you all have had a good Christmas and New Year's and are looking forward to going back to school or work or whatever.

Bendiciones (blessings)
Holly

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I was really hoping you'd continue your blog, because now I can read about what's happening at North Park! :) I just found out that I might not be allowed to use skype here? I'm not sure, but I'll let ya'll know once I've figured it out so we can do skype dates!

    ReplyDelete