Theme Verse

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"Ya te lo he ordenado: ¡Sé fuerte y valiente! ¡No tengas miedo ni te desanimes! Porque el SEÑOR tu Dios te acompañará dondequiera que vayas."
-Josué 1:9 (NVI)


Friday, October 8, 2010

Un temblorcito

I felt my first earthquake tonight! Don't worry, it wasn't a very big one (hence the title of this post, which means "a little earthquake"). I went to go see a play in San José with some girls from my theater class, and we had just taken our seats when it happened. Funny thing was though that the chairs were set on tiered platforms, so at first I just thought the platform was shaking because people were walking up it. By the time I started to think that it might be an earthquake, it was pretty much over. It was 5.9 on the Richter scale, if that means anything to you. Looking back on it though, it was the strangest feeling, like the ground was moving in waves. It boggles my mind how the ground can do that.
So that's my earthquake story. But now I'm going to bed, because it's 11 o'clock, and I have to get up very early tomorrow because my Spanish class is going to visit a coffee farm (I'm super excited).
¡Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment