Theme Verse

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"Ya te lo he ordenado: ¡Sé fuerte y valiente! ¡No tengas miedo ni te desanimes! Porque el SEÑOR tu Dios te acompañará dondequiera que vayas."
-Josué 1:9 (NVI)


Friday, October 29, 2010

Nothin' Particular

Well, it's Friday night, and I don't have anything in particular to talk about; just wanted to write. Even though I'm not one for going out much on the weekends (leading one of my host mom's friends to ask me one Friday night, "Don't you have any friends to go out with?" Awkward.) I still have trouble making myself do homework on Fridays. Which is a problem, since I have big term paper due Tuesday for my Anthropology & History Class, and I have a loooong ways to go on it. But instead, I've been watching an episode of Chuck (thanks Bekah) and listening to Great Big Sea (thanks Drew). My host mom brought me pizza for dinner, and everyone's gone, so I have the house to myself. Which is nice. I'm planning to skype with my family soon, and then I'll probably go to bed. Then get up early and start hammering out that term paper.

This week I caught a little cold, so my nose has been running like crazy since Tuesday. Which is not much fun, but so far it hasn't been too serious, and I'll take this over stomach issues any day.
Wednesday evening at Bible Study we watched the movie "Faith Like Potatoes." The movie itself was good, but the message was really good. I'm getting to know the people better and I'm glad I finally started going.
Thursday I went to San José with my theater class and we toured the National Theater. It was a little shorter than when I went with the ISEP group, but we got to stand on the stage, which was pretty cool. That theater is absolutely gorgeous, and if anyone reading this ever gets to Costa Rica, you should go see it. (If you want to see a cool picture that I unfortunately didn't take, click here.)
Today I slept in until 8 (woohoo!) and did some random things that needed doing, then had class at 1. Next week I have to give a speech for that class, and I'm going to talk about American holidays--I'm really excited about it. After I got home I drank some coffee and played this Monopoly card game with my host niece and nephew, Andréa and Adrián. Adrián won the first game, and I won the second, and it was really fun.
Well, that about sums up the exciting parts of my week. Sunday night I'm planning to go to a Halloween party that one of the ISEP students, Jennifer, is throwing. I think I'm going to be a ninja, just because it's a really easy costume, and it should be fun!

¡Pura vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment