Theme Verse

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"Ya te lo he ordenado: ¡Sé fuerte y valiente! ¡No tengas miedo ni te desanimes! Porque el SEÑOR tu Dios te acompañará dondequiera que vayas."
-Josué 1:9 (NVI)


Monday, November 22, 2010

Church

Yesterday was my last day of church in Costa Rica. My friend Caitlin and I have been going to Vida Abundante (Abundant Life) for about 3 months now, and while we haven't gotten super involved there, I've really enjoyed going. The people are really nice, and the pastor has made a point to come talk to us before the service a few times, to ask us how it's going, how's the Spanish coming, etc. Sunday after the service Caitlin and I went up to him to say good-bye and thank him, and he took us aside and prayed for us before we left, and told us that when we come back to Costa Rica, we should come back to visit.

I am looking forward to visiting my home churches (Immanuel in Chicago and Hillcrest Blue Valley in KC) but I think it's going to be weird to sing in English again. And to hear the sermon in English. I definitely want to get some of the praise songs I've learned here on iTunes, because I really like some of them. Here's a link to one of the songs we sang in church a few times that I really like. It has kind of a random music video, but it's a good song. It's called "Jesus es el Señor." (Jesus is the Lord) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment