Theme Verse

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"Ya te lo he ordenado: ¡Sé fuerte y valiente! ¡No tengas miedo ni te desanimes! Porque el SEÑOR tu Dios te acompañará dondequiera que vayas."
-Josué 1:9 (NVI)


Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wow :)


I just had a wonderful evening with the Bible Study (they call it Gal, but I'm not sure what that means/stands for) group. They had a sort of going away party for me-- they got chicken and tortillas, in addition to the usual chips and dip and pop. I also made a pumpkin pie (it was much harder to find the ingredients than it was to make the pie itself, but it turned out okay) which they said was delicious. Actually what they said was, "Que rico. Puede casarse." Which means, "It's really good. You can get married." :) Also they taped a big piece of paper to the wall and everyone wrote me messages on it, and they even gave me a canvas bag that has a turtle on it and says Costa Rica.

I have just been blown away by how welcoming and accepting this group of people has been. From the very beginning they've been excited that I was attending, and even though I couldn't always understand everything that was said, I always felt included. God has truly blessed me through these people, and I am so grateful.

1 comment: