Theme Verse

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"Ya te lo he ordenado: ¡Sé fuerte y valiente! ¡No tengas miedo ni te desanimes! Porque el SEÑOR tu Dios te acompañará dondequiera que vayas."
-Josué 1:9 (NVI)


Friday, November 12, 2010

Just a Quick Post

Taking a quick break from homework to update. My literature paper is *still* not done, but it's getting there. It has to get done tonight, because I leave early tomorrow morning to go to Monteverde! My friend Caitlin and I are leaving around 5 tomorrow morning, and we plan to get back Sunday evening. Monteverde is a national park that, from what I hear, has beautiful rainforests. We're going to take a canopy tour that includes ziplining--kind of crazy. But I'm really excited to go, and maybe just as excited to be done with this paper! After that, I just have a presentation on Tuesday and final exams.
Only a couple more weeks here... I'm really excited to be home and see my family and friends again, but I think I'll be sad to leave too. A lot of people here have started decorating for Christmas already (they don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so there's no "no Christmas until after Thanksgiving" rule). :) It makes me miss home more and is getting me ready for Christmas, although I must admit it's a bit strange to see Christmas trees and lights when it's still in the upper 70s outside.
I'll try to post about my trip to Monteverde either Sunday night or Monday. Until then!

1 comment:

  1. My church had a Thanksgiving dinner last night, so we're officially in the Christmas season. And I think if there isn't a Thanksgiving, the rule in 6 weeks before Christmas, which was yesterday! Go listen to Christmas music non stop!

    ReplyDelete