Theme Verse

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"Ya te lo he ordenado: ¡Sé fuerte y valiente! ¡No tengas miedo ni te desanimes! Porque el SEÑOR tu Dios te acompañará dondequiera que vayas."
-Josué 1:9 (NVI)


Saturday, November 27, 2010

Una despedida

In approximately 12 hours I will be in a taxi on the way to the airport. I can't believe I'm really leaving. Seriously, it doesn't seem real. For the first several months I was here I couldn't wait to get home, and now I don't feel ready to leave. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to see my family and be home and visit North Park and see my friends. But right now I'm also really sad that I have to leave my Costa Rican family and the wonderful friends I've made here.

I was planning to write a really long post tonight, but I just don't have any more words to describe what I'm feeling right now. So I'll have to postpone this until later-- maybe tomorrow from the Houston airport (where I have a several-hour layover) or Monday from home.

Thanks to all who are reading this for following along on this incredible journey. I can't wait to see you all and tell you more about Costa Rica in person.

Dios les bendiga,
Holly

1 comment:

  1. Travel safely! We're all real excited for you to come this week - and we're baking up a storm! 'Tis the season! It is so strange to leave a place that you've lived, even if only for a few months - there's a lot that you're leaving behind. But don't worry, you'll still have it with you on the inside, even if it's not there to taste and touch like it once was.

    ~Jack

    ReplyDelete