Theme Verse

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

"Ya te lo he ordenado: ¡Sé fuerte y valiente! ¡No tengas miedo ni te desanimes! Porque el SEÑOR tu Dios te acompañará dondequiera que vayas."
-Josué 1:9 (NVI)


Saturday, November 6, 2010

Spring Weather

Today is a beautiful spring day. In November. :) I know, those of you reading this who are in places where it's getting really cold will probably hate me, but the weather here today feels like May. It's sunny, windy, somewhere between warm and cold (which my computer says is mid-70s). The only sad part is that I'm stuck inside working on homework. And that in three weeks I'll get icky late November weather with absolutely no way of easing myself into it...

But I am making progress on my homework. Yesterday I gave a presentation on American holidays for my Oral and Written Expression class, and I think it went really well. Some of the questions they asked included why the color green is associated with St. Patrick's Day (Because it's from Ireland and Ireland is green?), and what's the connection between Easter and hiding colored eggs (Well, there's an easter bunny and he hides easter eggs.... I don't know why. They just laughed.).

Last night for dinner I had pizza with my host mom, two of her sisters, her sister's son Adrián, Shirley, and another lady (she's here a lot but I still haven't figured out if she's a relative or a friend). We ate in the dining room by candlelight and they drank wine (Adrián and I stuck with Coke). It was really fun, and it made me smile to have such a fancy ambiance for pizza. :)

Oh, and I put up some pictures from Halloween and the church in San Rafael and Bible Study, so here's a link to see those: Pura Vida

No comments:

Post a Comment